Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Michaelmas

This was our first year celebrating Michaelmas. It ended up being lots of fun! We made some tradtional foods, dyed and sewed silk capes, told some stories and read some stories, and harvested our pumpkins from the garden. 

We had family visiting us over the weekend, and so my preparations were a bit behind by Monday, which was the 29th. So, I just decided we could celebrate the following day, and that turned out much better. Much less hectic feeling. 

I almost let myself slip into feeling inadequate, as we hadn't done everything I'd wanted to do. But I stopped myself, and just enjoyed the day, full of talks about dragons and Knights, and kneading bread, etc. 

While shaping his dragon bread, J said "I love this time of year."  Yes, I couldn't agree more. 

Once I upload my pictures, I'll add some this post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment